Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tech Integration - Socrative Decimal Review

     In preparation for having my students use Socrative to make 4th grade math review questions, I made a decimal review quiz.  I used the Teacher paced mode, and we went through the questions one at a time which worked fine, but took a while.  I did want to review the information and by seeing how the students did on each question as we went, I was able to immediately review missed questions and discuss misconceptions.
     One issue with Socrative was with short answer questions.  The computer was a bit picky as to what it would count correct (as you might imagine).    I didn't have a big problem with this as I could easily read their answers and let them know if they were right, but the students didn't like it if the computer counted their answer wrong. Another issue was that when you are in Teacher paced mode, it tells you when all students have answered, but it didn't always seem accurate.
      After playing once in Teacher paced mode, we played again where it was student paced, and I had the questions go in random order. They really liked this mode (self-paced). 
      I like all the options that Socrative offers.  I think the more I "play" with this site, the more I will figure out other great ways to use it when I have computers up and running with kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment