Friday, February 6, 2015

Google Forms Quick Quiz

During class last night I created a Quick Quiz related to our Wonders vocabulary and skills for the week.  I chose to quiz them on a few of the more difficult vocabulary words as well as the grammar skills.  I also had them edit a few sentences.  During our reading class today, I gave them the Jump Code I made to the Live Form of the Google form.  It worked great!  It didn't take too long, and it gave the kids a much needed review.  I even showed them the results (no names) afterwards. It was quick and easy to see what the class as a whole understood well, and what needed some reteaching.  Typing the sentences correctly was difficult for some kids, but it was great practice.   I asked them afterwards if they liked it, and they said they did!  What a bonus!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Annie. I used the socratic app with fourth grade for a vocabulary review and it worked very well - except I had a hard time figuring out how to show their results. I had students work in teams to answer the questions and Dylan was jumping up and down shouting "yes" each time his team got a correct answer. That's the most excitement I've seen him demonstrate in class.

    ReplyDelete