Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tech Project - Quizizz

     I tried Quizizz, and I really like it as an other option for formative assessment. My favorite thing is that there are many features such as taking away the time element and students being able to do it at their own pace.  The first Quizizz I made was for my math class.  I made a chapter test review.  I wanted to have kids each have a device so they could take it on their own, but due to testing I was unable to make this happen.  I did end up using my iPad to "run" the Quiz, and played the game on my computer.  Pairs of students had marker boards and were able to work the problems, discussing them with their partner.  It actually worked quite well!  I like that they were able to discuss the answers and show their work.  They enjoyed the interactivity of the quiz as well as the funny "Memes" after each question.  I used my Name Selector app to have one student come up and choose the correct answer for the class.
    This morning, I quickly made a  Quiz izz using our grammar lesson on Adverbs.  I had partners take the quiz at their own pace.  It was a great way to check their understanding.  They, too, really liked moving at their own pace and the fun "Memes" that popped up when they got the answer correct.

8 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this new app to me. I suppose that it would be great if kids could have their own paces in testing. I don't know how it would work with younger kids as yours are upper-grade level. Worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how this quiz app compares to Kahoot and Socrative? Do you have a favorite? I know they are all a bit different. The thing I like about Socrative is that I can choose "quick questions" and create a quiz as we work together in class -no preparation needed. Can you do that in Quiz izz? Name Selector app? I have to check that out! Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like Quiz izz the best. It has a lot of options and is really easy to use. Name Selector is a Kagan app that is great! They also have a great app called Timer Tools. They do cost $2.99, but I use them both every day, so I think they are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like Quiz izz the best. It has a lot of options and is really easy to use. Name Selector is a Kagan app that is great! They also have a great app called Timer Tools. They do cost $2.99, but I use them both every day, so I think they are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I'm familiar with Socrative and Kahoot of course, so it's good to know there are other options. It's nice to mix things up for the kids sometimes to keep them engaged and it's also great to use different assessment tools for specific purposes. Do you know if Quizz izz has the spreadsheet option at the end where you can see student results easily?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charissa, Quizzizz does have a spreadsheet option that you can download. One thing I like about Socrative better than Quizzizz or Kahoot is that you can start the Socrative quiz and kids can take it any time (such as an independent task during guided reading groups). You can't do that with Quizzizz. Once you start the game, no new players can join.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! This inspires me to make a Quizzizz as a review for our unit 6 grammar test. It would be fun, and interactive for the kids. Thanks for the great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that this has opened my eyes to different types of interactive assessments (Kahoot, Socrative)--I will now add Quizzizz to my list of things to try! I like how Quizzizz doesn't have a time limit, giving students a chance to solve it at their own pace!

    ReplyDelete